Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) Information Session
To quality for this program:
- 55 years of age or older
- Resident of Hampden or Hampshire county
- Income eligible (single $15,175* / $20,575* married)
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Pass a CORI (criminal records check)
What we do:
- We assist you with your search for employment.
- We match you with a community service assignment in a nonprofit agency or a government agency where you develop the skills and confidence you need to compete in today’s job market, while taking training classes at the Career Center or other sites.
- We pay the MA minimum wage of $11.00 per hour for 20 hours a week while you continue to seek unsubsidized employment.SCSEP is a transitional program, not a destination. Think of SCSEP as a bridge from unemployment to a job. If accepted into the program, you will be looking for a job while working on the program. Your goal will be to obtain an unsubsidized job as soon as possible.
If you are interested in becoming a participant, please call us at (413)-787-6124.
*some types of income may be either exempt or discounted in calculating eligibility.
- Monday, November 19, 2018 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 4:00pm