Accessibility Focus: Technology Lab
Rick Ely has made a career teaching children who are blind or visually impaired and has long been an advocate for assistive technology. Join Rick Ely and Forbes Library reference librarian Benjamin Kalish to learn about technologies that can make life easier.
This is an open lab, which means YOU decide what we'll talk about. Possible topics include:
- Making your device easier to read by enlarging text, improving contrast, or otherwise tweaking the display to your needs
- How to use a screen reader so that your device reads everything out loud
- Voice access to your device
- Using ebooks and e-audiobooks
Feel free to bring a device you need help with, like a laptop or smartphone, or a neat technology you would like to share. (We're always eager to learn more!)
"Accessibility Focus" is series of programs focusing on accessibility and assistive technology. The events in this series are designed for anyone with an interest in accessibility, including educators, designers, decision makers, and anyone who might benefit, or knows someone who might benefit, from increased accessibility. Many of the events in this series focus on assistive technology, which helps people with challenges like low vision, hearing loss, or fine motor problems that make holding a book or turning pages difficult.
- Friday, November 8, 2019 Show more dates
- 1:00pm - 2:30pm
- Community Room